Link4Skills is the education division of Link4Growth. It uniquely delivers in two main ways.
- Link4Skills enables people to learn the skills to engage and network effectively online using many of the platforms you already know e.g. Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+, Pinterest, Mailchimp, Blogger and these Community Forums (this list will grow and is flexible)
- Link4Skills provides an opportunity for everyone who would like to share their knowledge, expertise and skills via workshops and training programmes and deliver to those who seek that knowledge as a link4skills or open source trainer.
This all seems very simple but let us elaborate for a minute on the impact of the two items above.
Online Networking Skills
Less than 10% of people using Social Media are really using the time they spend in an effective way online. Firstly and foremostly this is because most people have not learnt what each of the social media platforms are actually for and what they can do for you.
In order to implement social media there are 4 stages.
(1) understand what they are for and how they are different
(2) Learn the basics of how to operate the programmes and their key features
(3) Up your game and move onto intermediate level
(4) Implement methodically each of the social media tools in a strategic way to deliver for you
Each of these steps is part of the Link4Skills platform and although not complete in every aspect (right now), this is the mission…
To take people from ‘zero to hero’ and have the programmes in place to deliver. This is about enabling us all to be as effective ‘online’ as we are ‘offline’. Social Media and online connections and communication is going to become more and more important and to avoid it is no longer a choice. Link4Skills is here to ensure that everyone has the opportunity to be the best they can be on these platforms.
The link4skills core training programmes and workshops will help you to discover the knowledge and skills to be able to participate fully in the online world, whether you are a business, a charity or simply someone who would like to engage and network and connect with others online.
‘Open Source’ Link4Skills
In Link4Skills we believe in people, we believe that collectively we have all the knowledge we need… the trouble is that this knowledge is locked inside our heads… locked inside the heads of people actually using the skills and who are experts in their field… but what if we could unlock those minds and provide a simple mechanism for those people to share this knowledge and expertise with others? This is ‘Open Source’ Link4Skills.
We are creating a platform that enables you to share your knowledge and expertise with those that need it.
This will be far and away the largest part of Link4Skills. This is providing all of us not only with a platform where we can share what we know but that enables all of us to get what we need to grow.
This could be workshops on ‘why massage is important?’, ‘why nutrition is key to everything’, ‘How to create a simple business plan’, ‘Which CRM System should I use?’, ‘Which accounting system do I need for my business’, ‘What are the different company types and which one is right for me’ … “how do I home school my child”, “how to create healthy meals on a budget” the list is endless…
Link4Skills is about collaboration… it’s about working as a huge team… not only in the UK but Globally!
Everyone is important… if you knew someone who needed some knowledge… you would find the right person best qualified to teach the person concerned… this is the same thing but on a Global scale…
Link4Skills provides the platform to bring together people with the knowledge with those that need it no matter where they are across the world and we do this at affordable prices… Link4Skills workshops & training programmes are all delivered using cutting edge technology – Google+ Hangouts. This allows us to keep our costs to a bare minimum, reduce administration and reach anyone, anywhere in the world.
This Link4Skills platform is there for us all to use… it’s our ‘University’ for us to make into whatever it is we need.
The Link4Skills National Education Platform has been created to deliver quality learning to everyone right across the world.
Affordable and accessible, you can now get the skills and training you need to take your projects forward, whether they are personal, business or charity related.
All our workshops and programmes are designed to meet the following criteria:
- Current – Get to grips with up-to-the-minute and essential skills for today’s world
- Practical – Jargon-free training to remove barriers for learning and retention
- Accountability – Follow up that supports you in applying what you learn and seeing more results more quickly
- Connections – Mix with, learn from and collaborate with like-minded people
- Exceptional Value – Real expertise at a fraction of the cost of other training
Welcome to Link4SKills