Blogging with Blogger
You are going to start blogging and have decided to use Blogger / Blogspot?
You want to get up and running as fast as possible so you can write and share your first Blog?
If you have answered yes to either or both of the above then, this short video tutorial has been made for you. It’s a series of quick videos to get your blog CREATED, CONFIGURED and then POST you first blog. There are multiple Videos in this series to pick themes, configure, create your blogs… and to enable others to contribute too.
- What will this workshop do for you?
It will show you how to create your blogger account having logged into Google. To make simple changes such as change to different theme, amend the layout, add gadgets and finally create an attractive Blog post with images and links.
- Who is this workshop for and who should attend?
People who want to start blogging using the “Blogger” platform (this is often called blogspot as this is part of the reference to access the website URL)
- Are there are prerequisites for attending?
You will need a Google account to get full functionality of Blogger… or you can create a Blog account using a restricted service. This video is for those who will be adding this to their EXISTING Google account. There is a free training on Link4Skills you can watch to set up your Google account.
- What specific things will be covered on the workshop?
- The process of setting up the Blogger Account
- An introduction to the different parts of the Blogger backend, themes / layouts
- Adding other people to contribute to the blog (spreading the load)
- Creating and posting your first blog post
- What will the main takeaways be from the workshop?
You will have a Blogger account set up
You will be able to make configuration changes to the look and feel and add different functions (gadgets) to the blog site
You will be able to create a new blog post with pictures, make it look presentable and then share it with the world.
- Where will it take place?
- What type of workshop is this?
On Demand (ie: pre-recorded video training)
- How will participants be able to attend?
Video recording (study in own time with tutor email/group support)
- Are there limitations on participant numbers?
- What dates will the workshop run on?
- What is the cost?
- What frequency?
- Duration / Timings / How will it run?
On Demand (1 hour+)
- What other information do you need to know?
This is a workshop about blogging for the Blogger platform only
- Your Trainer – Chris Ogle
Chris is responsible for/the lead for Link4Skills and has been working with Social Media since 2008, and has been involved with business systems since 1982. He has been training on how to use innovative systems and alternative approaches since 1997
- Date Recorded