Getting To Grips With Google Sites
Whenever we get involved in something new, whether it is a business, a community project, or just an interest that we want to share with others, all we really want to do is to be able to share what we are doing in a way that most people will have no challenges looking at… easily, without any pain.
No need to login to anything, be on Facebook, or any other ‘social media’… just a website that anyone can access. Welcome to Google Sites!
What will this workshop do for you?
If you want to get information into a format that other people can see easily find, with no cost, without domains or hosting challenges… even if it is just to get your thoughts together about what you want… this workshops is for you.
This short, instant access workshop will show you how to confidently create a website for your business or project, or even yourself and give you something that you can use quickly and easily with no cost….. It also optimises the site for Mobile … all built in!
Who is this workshop for and who should attend?
This workshop is for anyone in the community who wants a website and below some examples of situations where it would be beneficial.
- You are involved in a project and having a website would be helpful
- You want to create a website but really want to start with something basic
- You want to try a few website ideas out without the expense of a web developer
- You want a website but it’s going to have to be DIY zero cost option for now
- You want something quick & easy
- You don’t want the hassle of domain names and hosting
- You are looking at website options but not sure which way to go
- You want to help charities / community organisations get a website quickly and affordably
- You’re a web developer who needs a very lost cost, simple, entry level option
Are there are prerequisites for attending
It would be advantageous if you are familiar with Google Docs and Google Drive but not essential. It would also be good if you can use tools like powerpoint.
What specific things will be covered on the workshop
- Preparation before you begin to create your site
- How and where to initiate building your site
- Giving your site a name and how to find it
- Different features you can add to your website
- How to publish, edit and update the site
- How to add a form to the site to collect feedback
What will the main takeaways be from the workshop
- Discoer how to create a website in less than an hour
- Be able to begin experimenting and have the confidence to create your own basic website
What type of workshop is this?
This workshop is a 1 hour, online, instant access workshop, that you can access at anytime that is right for you. All you need is a computer/device and speakers so that you can login and watch your instant access video workshop.
How much does it cost?
This workshop is £18.75 if you are a Link4growth subscriber, please use your discount code for a 20% discount when you register (if you do not know the code please ask your District Leader)
Your Trainer – Chris Ogle
Chris is responsible for/the lead for Link4Skills and has been working with Social Media since 2008, and has been involved with business systems since 1982. He has been training on how to use innovative systems and alternative approaches since 1997
Note: This workshop was created January 2017