Setting up your Google account
Why would you need a Google Account?
You’ve been getting along OK without one, so why have even more complications in your life?
A Google Account is a useful thing for everyone.
Firstly with the one login you can access all of the various Google services that are available (and there are a lot and mostly FREE too!)
When you have a Google account, you can access all of the various Google services that are available:
- Your Profile: Collect all your online links into one single place
- Gmail: This is Google’s free email service
- GDrive: Googles version of Dropbox but integrated with other apps
- Google Docs: Create a wide variety of Documents for free incl:
– Documents – similar to Word. Can read Word docs / save etc
– Sheets – similar to Excel. Can read / save Excel files
– Slides – similar to Powerpoint
– Forms – Custom forms for websites, information gathering
– Charts – Diagrams and Drawings
- Sites: Create Websites for free, no hosting costs
- Blogger: Blogging platform
- Calendar: Collaborative Calendaring
- YouTube: Powerful Video creation / storage / sharing platform
- Pages: Increase your Business visibility with Pages
– Find Interest Groups of like minded people (globally)
– Join in with your local Link4Growth Communities
– Instant messaging
– Chat & Video conversations
– Record Workshops
– TV Shows
– Training programmes etc
These are just the more common apps in use.
Google also have instant messaging phone apps, google analytics, search and much more.
What will this workshop do for you?
This workshop will take you through the simple steps of creating your own Google Account.
Who is this workshop for and who should attend?
Anyone who wants to begin to use any of the Google products and services
Are there are prerequisites for attending?
No – none at all
What specific things will be covered on the workshop?
Creating a Google Account
Uploading and Changing your profile picture
What will the main takeaways be from the workshop?
You will have a correctly setup Google account and a Gmail address, and will be able to start using a range of useful Google platforms and tools, that will save you time, effort and help you in both your life and business.
What type of workshop is this?
This workshop is a 6 minute online, instant access workshop, that you can access at anytime that is right for you. All you need is a computer/device and speakers so that you can login and watch your instant access video workshop.
This workshop is also the first in a series of workshops about using Google products and services
How much does it cost?
This workshop is free to attend (no sign up required)
Your Trainer – Chris Ogle
Chris is responsible for/the lead for Link4Skills and has been working with Social Media since 2008, and has been involved with business systems since 1982. He has been training on how to use innovative systems and alternative approaches since 1997
Note: This instant access workshop was created January 2017 …
Simply click below to access this free training